Sunday, June 24, 2012

24th June

Wow! Has it really been that long between posts. As you know, I was in sunny old Blighty from the 9th through the 18th June and since then have been variously recovering from jet lag and now strep throat (or something equally nasty). I must admit that slogging through the last few hundred digital images has been a bit of a chore but I am almost there!

Here are three shots from Knockan Crags taken on my trip down to Glasgow near the end of the trip. As you can see, they have a theme. The stone globe was done by Joe Smith a Yorkshire born stonemason. When I first blogged about this sculpture I mentioned that it looked like a work by the renowned artist Andy Goldsworthy (who's work I think is marvellous). Turns out that Joe Smith worked with/for Goldsworthy and lives near him in Dumfries, Scotland. Surprise surprise. I still think it's a lovely piece of work and I am in favour of these sculptures being placed at various points in the landscape - as long it does not get overdone.





No comments:

Post a Comment